100 Ways to Help Rescue
There's LOTS more ways to help rescue animals than just adopting them, so next time you hear someone wondering
just what they can do....give them this list and see if they can come up with 100 and 1!!
1. Transport a dog?
2. Donate a dog bed or towels, blankets or other bedding type items?
3. Donate MONEY?
4. Donate a Kong? A nylabone? A hercules?
5. Donate a crate?
6. Donate an x-pen or baby gates?
7. Donate a food dish or a stainless bucket for a crate?
8. Donate a leash?
9. Donate a collar?
10. Donate some treats or a bag of food?
11. Donate a halti or promise collar or a gentle leader?
14. Donate some grooming supplies shampoos, combs, brushes, etc.)?
15. Go to the local shelter and see if that dog is the breed the shelter says it is or go with rescue to be a second opinion on the dog?
16. Make a few phone calls?
19. Drive a dog to and from vet appointments?
23. Attend public education days and try to educate people on responsible pet ownership?
24. Donate a gift certificate to a pet store?
25. Donate a raffle item if your club is holding a fund raiser?
26. Donate flea stuff (Advantage, etc.)?
27. Donate heart worm pills?
28. Donate a canine first aid kit?
29. Provide a shoulder to cry on when the rescue person is overwhelmed?
30. Pay the boarding fees to board a dog for a week? Two weeks?
31. Be a "Santa paws" foster to give the foster a break for a few hours or days?
32. Clip coupons for dog food or treats?
33, Bake some homemade doggie biscuits?
34. Make book purchases through Amazon via a web site that contributes commissions earned to a rescue group?
35. Host rescue photos with an information link on your web site?